North Street Chapel

Title

North Street Chapel

Church Name

North Street Chapel

Church Association

was part of African United Baptist Association

Province

Nova Scotia

County

Annapolis

Address

North Street, Middleton

Status

Active

Date

Constructed 1910

Historical Information

The Middleton Baptist Mission structure was completed in 1910. In 1912, the church body was connected to the Bridgetown and Centreville congregations under the pastoral care of Lic. M. L. Anderson and Lic. S. G. Parris. The Middleton Mission was never very large, with only 8 members when Rev. A. F. Skinner began his work there in 1938. Although reports end in the 1940s, there is evidence of an active youth program under the leadership of Mrs. Lawrence Jackson, and Sunday school with Miss Effie Cox as its superintendent.

The North Street Chapel congregation has its roots as the Middleton Baptist Mission, under the AUBA. For a number of years this church structure was rented out and inactive, but on October 2, 2005, it was re-opened and rededicated under the name of North Street Chapel. This church is currently believed to not be within a Baptist association.

Files

IMG_3611.JPG
IMG_3612.JPG
IMG_3614.JPG
IMG_3615.JPG

Citation

“North Street Chapel,” Atlantic Baptist Built Heritage Project , accessed June 15, 2024, https://atlanticbaptistheritage.omeka.net/items/show/31.

Output Formats