Clarence United Baptist Church

Title

Clarence United Baptist Church

Church Name

Clarence United Baptist Church

Church Association

Annapolis- Digby

Province

Nova Scotia

County

Annapolis

Address

2659 Clarence Road, Clarence, NS

Status

Vacant

Date

Constructed 1853

Historical Information

The church body at Clarence first began in 1810, long before a church building was erected. In 1827, the “North Meeting House”, in Clarence, and “South Meeting House”, in Paradise, were built to house the two churches that resulted from the original Clarence congregation. Services were held alternately in the two buildings. The two “meeting houses” were eventually replaced in 1853 (Clarence) and 1876 (Paradise) by new church edifices. Although the building was owned at one point by the “Paradise and Clarence Baptist Church,” the Paradise building has since been sold and is currently privately owned; however, the Clarence building remains a house of worship.