Albany Community Church; Formerly New Albany United Baptist Church
Originally called the New Albany Baptist Church, construction of the Albany Community Church began in 1875 and was dedicated on May 20th, 1877. The church beautifully demonstrates a transitional phase in Nova Scotia Baptist architecture between the early 19th century meeting houses and the late 19th century church buildings. The meeting house style is indicated in the overall form of a simple gable roof with double entranceways while the pointed arches, with shouldered architraves, of the window and door frames herald a Gothic Revival Style. Often when there are two entrances on a church of this style it means that one of the doors was usually meant for the men and the other for the women; once inside they were expected to sit on opposite sides of the church.
Information provided by: Registered Heritage Properties of Annapolis County website