The Journey Church, Riverview (Riverview Baptist Church)
On February 11, 1954 Baptist residents of Riverview met in a school auditorium to discuss establishing a church building.
On June 2, 1954 the meeting to organize the Riverview Heights United Baptist Church was held. The name was later changed to Riverview United Baptist Church in 1975.
At the end of 1954 the Mission Board bought land in a central Riverview location. In 1956 the church building had been erected but only the basement was suitable for holding services. Much of the work was done by the members. The church was dedicated May 11, 1958.
The Middle Coverdale United Baptist Church expressed a desire to unite with the Riverview Church and 16 new members were added on February 12, 1961. In 1962 it was decided to add a Christian Education Centre, and a sod turning ceremony was held October 11. Dedication of the Centre was held February 10, 1963.
In 2018, a proposal was put forward for the Riverview Baptist Church to join the Journey Church. The motion was passed in June 2018 and Riverview Baptist Church became the third location of the multi-site Journey Church.